Monday, December 13, 2010

My Birthday!

Today is my birthday. Didn't you get the memo? Bill said he sent one out. He's also trying to get it declared a holiday. But you can read about all of that here.

I was born in 1977. Today I am 33 and as Bill lovingly pointed out, I will be 44 in 11 years. I think that's cool!! How often does that happen?

I started a tradition on my 30th birthday (you can read about that here) of saving my birthday cards and opening them all on my actual birthday, instead of when they come in the mail. If that were the case, I would have opened a birthday card a month ago (thanks Alex!). Sometimes they're Christmas cards instead of birthday cards, but that's okay. It's still fun to open all of them on my birthday.

So far today, Bill made me breakfast, a croissant with egg & cheese! It was delicious. I have visited the Cool Cats (you can read a little bit about them here) and we ate vanilla cake! My mom, Bill's parents, and Leah have called to wish me a happy birthday. I opened my present from Leah while I was on the phone with her. It's a Lego man flashlight key chain! Of course I couldn't figure out how to turn it on until I was pointing the light in my eyes and pressed the button. Wow! Is that thing bright!! (By the way, why do we do that? Point it at our face as if the button to turn it on is anywhere near the light??) Pat stopped by with a lovely present of (home made?) jelly and coffee.

After work I plan on watching Ellen. Bill is fixing dinner; steaks with goat cheese, au gratin potatoes (they're leftover, but still yummy!), salads and then the chocolate mascarpone pound cake with cream cheese frosting and peppermint ice cream!!! I better do some yoga at some point. Maybe we should schedule a walk too.

2 comments:

  1. In 11 years you'll be 44
    In 22 years you'll be 55
    In 33 years you'll be 66
    In 66 years you'll be 99

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it's the 77 that makes it cool

    ReplyDelete