Friday, December 3, 2010

thanks Bill

Yes, now he has held me to a standard which I cannot escape. Blogging every day. You can read what he said here.

And as he also pointed out, we're on the road. Go on in, help yourselves, take what you want. We have insurance. I typically do not announce when I'm not home, in hopes that it will protect me just a little. Of course my other mantra is, if they really want to break in, they will find a way. Leaving all the lights on, installing deadbolts, having a large dog, none of these are a detraction if the burglar really wants your stuff. It's just that, stuff. It's the cats I worry about more. Is that weird? I think about what would happen if someone broke a window. What would our cats do? Would they stay inside? Of course if Bill were blogging about this topic he would insert something about the current temperature outside being slightly warmer than it is in our house. He's the one who told me to keep the thermostat set low, to save money. I've lived like this for four years and have adjusted (I also like the cold, and the snow...) so when the heat turns on, I easily get too hot. Immediately. Oh what will I be like in thirty years... (I'm being positive that the change won't happen for at least that long.)

Here I am, at my remote "office" (read dining room table at our friend's house) typing away... I need to get back to work. I just wanted to log in for today's post. See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment