Saturday, December 11, 2010

Entertaining and such

We love to entertain. I've talked about it before when I've written posts about all the different things I've cooked. Today I want to talk about the "leftovers". Not the food, but the dishes. Our dishwasher is an older model, circa 1977. I know, that's amazing that it's still going. We had a brand new (GE?) dishwasher back in Jersey. Bill installed it (he only shocked himself a few times) and it was great. But we barely used it. Sure it came in handy after parties, but with just two of us it would take a whole week to fill it. Especially because we have so many "fancy" dishes/pans that instruct the owner to "wash by hand". When we moved here we realized the beauty of the dishwasher here. It can wash everything. Crystal, glass, stainless steel, ceramic, Corning ware, Tupperware, it can take it all. It can do small loads or large loads. It even cleans up after parties. Sometimes we're lazy and we don't start the dishwasher until the next day, but it's not like the dishes are going anywhere. I know some of you have been here and have seen the model we have, for those of you who haven't, it's the EcU brand. It's really well built and, like I said, even as old as it is, keeps on going.


Of course I am talking about me. Someone asked me the other day what kind of dishwasher we had and I foolishly answered, "We don't have a dishwasher." But sure we do, and that dishwasher is me. I really have come to enjoy it, it's sort of a zen time for me. The only downfall is when I get behind (so I try not to) and in the winter, my hands get dry.

I hope you enjoyed my cheeky post, I took a page out of Bill's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment