Friday, December 17, 2010

other plans

Last night we were supposed to go to the Detroit Symphony with our friends, Dave and Greg. This is a tradition that they share with their friends Kevin and Mekel. We were invited to join the four of them this year. However, the Symphony is currently on strike. As things have a tendency to work out, Bill ended up presenting one of his employees with "Employee of the Year" at a business meeting last night.

But first Dave, Greg, Bill and I went to dinner. It came recommended by Mekel, who ended up getting violently ill and was unable to join us. The Forest Grill is the name of the restaurant we went to. Check out their website. It was sleek and modern. They specialize in local, organic food with a french twist. The chef studied in France for several years and that is evidenced by the menu.

We shared a prosciutto platter that literally melted in your mouth it was sliced so thin. Bill, Greg and I all had the Caesar salad which was divine. Greg had the French Onion soup and Dave had the Tomato Bisque both looked exquisite. I ordered the risotto as my main dish, which I asked for in the appetizer portion and it was perfect. Bill and Dave both had the Cote du Boeuf while Greg tried the Duck Confit, also an appetizer which he had as his main dish in a larger entree size portion.

After we finished our entrees, Bill had to excuse himself to get to his meeting. Dave, Greg and I all indulged in dessert, because by this point why wouldn't we? I had the Mont Blanc which was chocolate gelato (hello? I haven't met a chocolate gelato I haven't liked) with Chestnut mousse and nutella. It was amazing. Greg had the bread pudding (I think) and Dave tried the Butter Pecan Meringue Creme Brulee.

I want to go back there. It was so divine. As was the bill, but it was worth every penny (and dollar...).

No comments:

Post a Comment