Sunday, December 26, 2010

now it's quiet

It's the day after Christmas. A day of rest, Sunday. We had a typical morning. We attended church, Bill made breakfast when we returned home. I had asked him if we could spend some time with the tv turned off today, and he said the Lions game was on, and after that we could turn off the tv. That's fine, I told him. I just don't like when we have the tv on and there's nothing to watch. It's sort of like a bad habit. We had caulked the tub on Friday, so neither of us has showered since then (which is now a whole different story). While Bill was in the shower, I was sitting here reading with the tv on. Bad habit what? And then it happened.

POP!

Juliette jumped. The picture was gone, but there was still sound coming from the tv. I quickly turned it off. Then my phone rang. It was my sister, I started talking to her. When Bill came down stairs, he saw I was on the phone and motioned that it was quiet time? I told my sister to hold on and explained to him what happened to the tv. By this point it smelled like burning, so he unplugged it (duh!). How late is Best Buy open?

While I finished my conversation with my sister, Bill did some quick research. Then we headed out. To Best Buy. The day after Christmas.

While we found many great deals, we finally settled on another Sony LCD, 46". The old one was only 42", but it had a bigger shell. In fact the old one was bigger by one square foot. It also had speakers that faced the room and we could hear everything. Now we will have to rely on the stereo to give us quality sound. That's okay. We are currently trying to get our HD channels/cable to work. It's only picking up the analog channels. This is fun... (please note my use of sarcasm).

Update: we "found" the cable box. We have tv again. It's time for popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment