Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stockings

I'm talking about the ones you hang by the chimney with care. What do you put in them? In my family, once my sister and I outgrew little toys (although I still haven't outgrown Lego's, that will be in another post for sure) our stockings became filled with useful items; chap-stick, nail files, gum and of course candy.

Bill and I have sort of continued that tradition. Hand lotions, razors and gift cards fill our stockings. But I feel like that has gotten stale. I'm looking for some fun things to add. We're not big on candy, besides there are too many cookies and other baked goodies at this time of year to have candy get in the way. That's what Easter and Halloween are for.

Movies and music go under the tree... so I thought I'd ask the blog world for some suggestions. (For your future reference, do not google "stockings" and then click images. Bad idea. If you're searching for the kind of stockings I'm talking about, search for "Christmas stockings". Much better.)

2 comments:

  1. Scratch off lotto cards are really fun to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bad at gift giving I never think of anything good. Sorry, toots... not one of my strengths.

    ReplyDelete