Wednesday, December 22, 2010

another ornament

You may remember I cross-stitched some ornaments and gave them to the Quota Board Members, in case you don't, click here to see one. When I was finished, I started another ornament. This time it was a gift for our friends Dave and Greg. We stayed with them this last weekend while in Detroit. (you can go back and read about that on your own!) I sort of started a tradition with them, the first year Bill was living with them, I found a snowflake ornament (I thought it was Crate & Barrel, but now that I think about it, it may have been Restoration Hardware) and that was our gift to them. (They gave Bill this awesome tool for his grill, it's a fork and you stab the meat and the built-in thermometer tells you the temp of the food you're grilling, pretty handy.)

Last year I painted a ceramic snowflake at the paint-your-own-pottery store and gave that to them.

This year, I was tempted to go with the snowflake theme I had started, but when I searched for a cross-stitch ornament I got a virus and my computer crashed. Sort of. I knew something was wrong right away so I quick shut it down. I restarted it and ran a systems check (or whatever the technical jargon is, I kept asking Bill what to do and in his most patient tone, walked me through the process). Needless to say, I did not find a snowflake ornament. However, I did have the pattern for this one, and I've made it before. I think it's cute, so I made this one for them. And so continues the ornament tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment