Monday, December 27, 2010

walking

One of my Christmas presents was a simple pedometer. I am so excited to use it. I'm wearing it right now. Before the tv died yesterday, we did get a walk in. So before we took our walk, I set my pedometer. First, I had to walk ten steps and measure them. I had to walk through three rooms at a diagonal to be able to go that far! My steps measured 272 inches, so I input that into the little "machine". Now it will be able to tell me how far I walk, not just how many steps I take!!

Side note: I had asked Bill for a pedometer, stressing, emphasizing I wanted a simple one. This is exactly what I wanted. I knew if I just told him a pedometer, he would go find the best one out there which will not only calculate distance, but calories burned, weight loss, speed, etc. To me, that means entering a lot of data and I just wanted to be able to clip it on and go. That is why I am so happy with the one he got me. It's perfect!! Yes, the other high functioning one would be cool, but not what I wanted.

So I had to do that one minor step (haha) to start tracking my mileage. Cool! Our walk, which was a shorter version of our typical walk, measured 1.5 miles. I didn't start using it until the walk, so I don't know how many steps I took overall yesterday. But so far this morning I have taken 450 steps! And it's not even noon.

With a quick push of a button, I can find out that equals .2/mile. Just doing my normal morning routine I'm impressed!! Bill and I are planning on getting a walk in later, so I'll have to come back and let you know my final end-of-day count.

Editor's note: we did not take a walk, so my final count for the day was not great. I'll let you know when I hit 5,000!

No comments:

Post a Comment