Thursday, December 23, 2010

time to wrap the presents

I realized this morning, while going through my mental checklist, just how many presents I have to wrap. It's actually less then any other year. I will wait to wrap my family's presents until after Christmas, just to alleviate some of the stress. It's also a lot less because as much as I like giving, I realized I may have gone a bit overboard in years past. Is 20 presents each too much? Yes. Yes it is. So this year I scaled back. That was difficult. Extremely difficult. I'm not even sure how well I did because I stuff everything into the closet and don't look at it again until I pull it out to wrap it.

Just now Atticus broke into the closet and found his present. Not only did he find it, pull it out and start playing with it, but he opened the plastic bag that had been tied without ripping it. That is a huge accomplishment! He usually starts with his teeth and asks questions later. Sneaky, stealth little kitten.

Back to the wrapping party I'm going to have later, after work. I had decided to wait because of Atticus. He likes to eat paper, so I figured if there was less time the presents sat out wrapped, there would be less time for him to eat the paper off of them, ensuring that I would have to wrap them all a second time. This of course, meant that I had to wait until after our weekend out of town. Which brings me to my post. I eventually decided I could wait and wrap them all tomorrow. I don't have anything else to do, once we serve breakfast at church to the homeless, stop and buy coffee at our favorite coffee shop, re-caulk the shower, make a cheeseball, make lunch, and go to Christmas Eve service. Sure. There's plenty of time to wrap all of our presents. I better start this afternoon. I am not a procrastinator and this is starting to get too close.

Plus I'm dealing with a cat that is clearly bent on making it onto Santa's Naughty list (he finally got kicked out of my office after his third attempt at breaking into the closet just in the time it took me to write this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment