Tuesday, December 21, 2010

last night's dinner

That's actually the name of another blog I follow, check it out here. I found it when I was trying to make a cast iron skillet pizza, which you can see here.

However, I am blogging about our actual dinner last night. I found a pot pie recipe which uses a food processor for the crust. Hey, I just happen to have one of those fancy machines, thanks to Bill!

I cannot describe the delicious-ness of these pot pies. They blew the pot pie memory of our childhood out the window. It was the perfect winter time meal.

Not only did I get a chance to use my fancy new food processor, but also the pot pie dishes that Shannon gave to me several years ago for my birthday! I've made pizza pot pies in them, and apple crisp. But last night I used them for their true purpose (I guess it really doesn't matter what you use something for, as long as you're using it, but I have a sense of fulfillment having used them for actual pot pies) and we had the best homemade pot pies ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment