Sunday, December 19, 2010

snow globes

One of my favorite Christmas "decorations" (aka tchotchke's) are snow globes. I don't have many, our favorite one came from Saks Fifth Avenue and is of Saks, St. Patrick's with the Chrysler & Empire State buildings. Bill and I bought one for his sister and one for us. This was in 2005; we were in the city for the night. We saw "Spamalot" with Jenny and John. It was a fun trip and we miss NYC dearly. All the sounds and smells... I digress, I am very happy that we have this little reminder of the city. We have lots of fond memories (other then the smells and sounds).

Hallmark came out with a line of snow globe ornaments. Of course they're too heavy to hang on the tree, but that's okay. I have a little side table on which our snow globes are displayed. I looked for one in Chicago while we were there on our anniversary. Unfortunately August is not the month for snow globe displays.

As I sit in my office during the winter months, I love looking out the window to see snow falling. If I haven't mentioned it before (and I have, many times) I love winter. I love snow and I even enjoy shoveling. So it makes sense that I enjoy watching the snow fall. But what I enjoy most about it, is that from my window I feel as if I am in a snow globe. One of the windows in my office looks between the houses where the wind blows the snow around making it look like a snow globe. I just love it so much. Every time I look out, I smile.

This is my Sunday, Christmas joy blog for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment