Wednesday, December 29, 2010

what's for dinner?

I know, it's too early to be thinking about dinner, but I am a planner. I plan ahead for the grocery list, I plan ahead for meals, I like my routine. Don't get me wrong, I can be spur-of-the-moment, but I have to know that it's going to happen. Just kidding. Sort of, I can be flexible when I know I need to be (for instance while traveling). But if I have something set in my mind, I like things to be that way. I don't get upset if they're not, I just don't always handle it well.

Hence the post, what's for dinner. I had planned on homemade pizza pockets, which are yummy and delicious. And then I weighed myself this morning. Needless to say, Bill and I took a 2-mile walk and I will be doing yoga later. That changed dinner plans too. That and the fact that we have greens in the fridge that need to be used, otherwise they'll go bad and will just get thrown away. Like the basil I bought. Imagine my disgust when I pulled it out and not only were the leaves turning brown, but there was actual fuzzy mold growing on them! Ew!! I had to toss it all out. What a waste of money. Apparently December is not the month to buy healthy basil. I also purchased spinach leaves and romaine. Both of those are still hanging in there. And that's where tonight's dinner comes into play. I'm going to make spinach pesto in my new food processor. With our pesto pasta we will also have salads made from romaine. It sounds nice and healthy and light.

We have finally run out of leftovers. But there is still cheeseball. Mmm cheeseball. I've not given up on eating healthy, but I have done a poor job of paying close attention to what I eat. My eating habits will resume after this weekend. And we will be walking at least three times a week January and February.

And in case you're wondering from my post the other day; our walk this morning already has me at 5800 steps. I hope I can get 6000 in by the end of the day (that will probably happen before the afternoon).

No comments:

Post a Comment