Tuesday, December 28, 2010

wrapping presents round two

My boss called me this afternoon and told me to take the rest of the week off. I have to admit, I am happy because she is going to pay me. My first paid week off in four years. Since we moved to Michigan, I have not received paid time off. If I took time off, it was without pay. So I'm pretty excited about this.

I decided to get started by wrapping the Christmas presents for my family. We'll be seeing them this weekend, so I had postponed wrapping all of their gifts until this week. No time like the present... (yup, I had to use that pun). So I got all of them wrapped and then I got all of our wrapping paraphernalia gathered up, sorted and put back in storage. This of course needs to go back up in the attic. Which is a lot neater today. Bill cleaned it out yesterday. It was quite a feat, started by the new tv. See the old tv box is up there, with lots of other boxes hiding inside. After clearing the path to the box, Bill decided it was doing a good job of keeping all the other boxes together. He then proceeded to clear out the miscellaneous boxes that had been piled at the top of the stairs. He also went through his electronic mess. The answer is always, "yes, we do have the proper connection for ___." And one can easily find it now that he put them all together.

There was only one accident. While he was chucking trash down the stairs, I came in to hand him back a box to throw said trash in. He had just let go of a cd which slammed into my head, edge first. Those things hurt! Of course a warning could not have been shouted because the cd had been launched well before my head entered the doorway. It was perfect timing. we laughed about it. The goose egg on my head has finally gone down and the headache went away after I took a couple of ibuprofen. I think I'll survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment