Saturday, December 4, 2010

"Yes, I'll have a coke"

One of the things I miss most about the south is going to a restaurant, asking for a coke and getting one. Not Pepsi, but Coke. Unfortunately, I think Michigan is owned by Pepsi. Everywhere we go here it's Pepsi. Which is good, because I rarely drink pop anymore (yes, for those of you outside of Michigan/the Midwest we call it "Pop"), so when we go out to eat, if and that's a big IF, the restaurant has Coca Cola, I sometime like to enjoy one. There's nothing like the cold refreshing, bubbly, syrup-y flavor of a fountain coke.

Last night we went to two places, a bowling alley and a restaurant. All I wanted was a coca-cola. I'm not a beer drinker and I'm not going to waste money at the bar at a bowling alley, so my "beer" is a coca-cola. Both places had Pepsi. I was disappointed to say the least and it reminded me of being in Savannah, where everyone serves coca-cola.

On a miscellaneous note we are going to "hang the greens" at our house today. So when you hear about us on the news later (either there is going to be a lot of screaming, someone will get hurt or the house will burn down), say a little prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment