Wednesday, December 19, 2007

That big day! Emily turns 30!

I know, you've all been waiting to hear about my birthday. Because I haven't talked about it enough for the past year. I made a list of 30 things to do (the idea came from my friend Shannon, who turned 30 in August). Here are some of the things...

A countdown down at midnight with a toast to my 30's (it was a raspberry sparkle-tini)


I popped popcorn and strung it and hung it on the tree.







This is bright and early (around 9am) after the flower delivery man brought me my 30 flower bouquet. Yes, I answered the door in my tiara (another thing) and my pajamas. I think he got a good chuckle out of that. I received another bouquet later (purple roses & carnations from Tammy) in the day, and yet another on Saturday (2 doz. white roses from Heather W.)!



I opened all my birthday cards on my birthday. I usually open them as they come in, this year I waited! It was not easy to wait...








I am eating peppermint ice cream, yet another thing checked off the list.

We took over thirty pictures on my birthday (another item on the list), but most of them are the same thing, they would make a good flip book.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Birthday's! I'm excited for my 30th birthday. What is it about that day that gets me so excited? I mean, I'm a year older, what's fun about that? I guess I still get excited because I'm a kid at heart...and birthday's were always fun for me growing up.
    And your hair is SUPER cute, by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison!! thanks. It takes less time in the mornings, but it doesn't like to do what I want it to do... :P Oh well. It was for a great cause.

    I do love my birthday. This one was the best! (of course, I made the list so we had to do what was on the list, meaning: I got my way!!!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete