Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday, the 15th

The Party

There were over thirty friends and family that braved the snow storm to come celebrate. The theme was White Winter Birthday Bash. Heather O. created Wally, seen here, the marshmallow snowman.

We had a white chocolate fountain which was delightful!

We also had white cheese, it was yummy!


Dave, Greg and I are enjoying a toast! I have white wine, of course!

Here is Bill, cutting the cheese. That joke got a lot of laughs.


There were also many, many cheesey pictures!

Rachael, Mike, and the birthday girl!


I'm taking a moment to ponder my twenties... not really. I'm just posing for the picture.


Sami and I get a good picture.


Jenny, John and I. All in white. What a happy family! Hey, we survived the cruise together, we're closer then family!


Sami, Heather O. and I. This was the third try. Sami took video of the singing and me blowing out the candles. I was trying to take this picture on the video setting... We were pretty giggly.

The cake, which did not burn down the house, was chocolate with butter cream frosting!


Perhaps the most memorable moment for everyone, was when there was a knock at the door. It was around 10pm, so I was excited that people were still showing up! When I threw open the door, there was Eddie.

In a very surprised state, I screamed, "OH MY GOD EDDIE!!!!" We haven't seen him since we lived in Savannah, five years ago! I was so surprised, I started laughing and crying. I had screamed so loud that it had echoed down the street. I am honestly surprised that the cops didn't show up!

This had to be the look on my face!

I had such a great time! It was so much fun to spend the evening with everyone! I even turned on the karaoke, and we sang, loudly and off key to "Sail Away". I will spare you the video. It did not turn out so well...

And that was the best party I've ever had!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Em, this sounds like a really great party!!! And I love the motto. You looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I felt like I was on top of the world. ;) It was a great time. Well, until Dave started telling me how I would never feel this good again, and I'm only going to get older, and on and on. I'll have to remind him of that. He was a little drunk. hehehe Oh well. My thirties are going to be fun! (If I ever realize that I am 30!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful party, Honey! Am so sorry we missed it! I loved the photos!
    Mom U

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay. I'm thinking of having a half birthday party since it would be in June... just kidding. sort of.

    ReplyDelete