Friday, April 29, 2011

what a day!

Today is an important day. A very important day.

I made more granola.

Our friend Katrina gave me this recipe a couple of years ago and I have not stopped making it since then. I eat the granola every day with my yogurt for lunch. It's delicious. And in the long run, I am certain it is cheaper than buying the pre-made granola. Plus I can add whatever I want to it. I also think it ends up being less calories.

There are no preservatives, so it has to be refrigerated. One batch lasts me 6-8 weeks. I'm not sure because I've never really kept track. I do know that it lasts much longer than the $5.99 + bag of store-bought granola (those usually lasted a week and a half, tops).

It is so good. I may be addicted to it. I take it with me when we travel (okay, not every trip, but if there's a cooler, then I have my yogurt and granola with me and yes, it has added benefits for my regularity I don't care if you know that). I know not everyone loves granola, so you may not care that I made a fresh batch today. But it's the little things in life that make us happy, and this makes me happy.

What? Did you think I was going to write about the royal wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment