Sunday, April 17, 2011

it's still time for popcorn

Well, I can't say I'm not happy that I'm on the other side of the overnight. While nothing tragic happened, the drama and lack of respect that these youth have for stuff, each other and the building is dismal at best. I'm sure if you asked any one of them, they had a great time. And in the end, that is all that matters.

This was the first Palm Sunday, since we have lived in Grand Rapids, that Bill has been to the service. From the very first year we were here, he has always been down in the kitchen helping the Sr. High youth prepare the Palm Sunday brunch. It did not happen this year, as they were at a retreat (which Bill did not chaperon). It was a very good sermon and a very nice service. Next week, we will attend the Easter service. I think I have only been to one (I know I went with Heather one year when Bill was working at B&N , but I think the rest have been spent at my parents).

Typically we have popcorn for dinner since Bill makes his Big Sunday Breakfast. I made pancakes for the youth this morning, so there was no Big Sunday Breakfast. Bill did make me a cheese and egg bagel. We decided to still have popcorn (which I will be making in a few minutes so I'm trying to finish this post), but I also had a recipe for a carrot risotto. I decided to try that for dinner.

I got to use my food processor's shredding tool! That was fun. I grated the carrots with it (why yes I could have just grated them on my cheese grater, but I hadn't tried this tool on my food processor and wanted to). I cut up the red onion by hand and cooked the rest of it like regular risotto. It was good!

Time for popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment