Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's Easter, time to cook!

Any major or minor holiday has become a reason for me to cook. Who am I kidding? Any day that ends in "y" is a reason for me to cook. This is why Bill and I walk two miles every week day. Add in my cooking and summer ice cream runs, and I better keep doing yoga every day too!

I found a strata recipe and I asked Bill if I could make it for breakfast this morning (I am not stupid, I must ask permission to skip Big Breakfast Sunday, I don't want to piss off the cook) and he said sure (I'm sure he doesn't mind the break). I assembled it yesterday. It has artichoke hearts, cubed ham and cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Oh and some bread.

I'll be honest, after assembling this dish and doing dishes for the third time last night, I hoped and prayed that this dish would be worth it because I was close to exhausted. Of course when we got home from church the strata still had to bake for an hour... so we waited. Bill was close to whining and then I reminded him how long it took to assemble and that it would be worth it (my fingers were crossed). Before the timer even went off, our house was filled with this glorious smell. It was like the artichoke dip I make with the addition of ham... It was worth the wait. This may be an Easter breakfast tradition.

Later, I'll be making the mustard bacon wrapped pork roast, risotto and deviled eggs. We will also have more cake for dessert (like we'll need it). Maybe we should take a walk today...

No comments:

Post a Comment