Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday gelato, gardens and a good summer meal

Skylar and I went to Meijer Gardens this morning.We learned what thicket is:
a dense growth of shrubbery or small trees


Here are a few pictures (speaking of which, I do have the rest of pictures from workcamp on my computer, they will get posted next week when things are quiet and boring and I have nothing else to share, or look at them on facebook).


Skylar is looking at the water sculpture in the Volunteer Garden

The daisies were beautiful!

so were the Cosmos



posing for some pictures


holding up the arch


in the field of wildflowers

while at the waterfall, the sun decided to come out to play

one last photo before heading to Robinette's for peaches. Then we went to Russo's. We were there yesterday and while at the checkout I noticed a gelato case. They are selling fresh made gelato! Yum!! We went there today specifically for the gelato. It did not disappoint.

Then we came home and had lunch. We shucked corn and I made corn dip while Skylar watched "Jaws". I had my HPC meeting. It lasted less than an hour. I came home and we got dinner going; hamburgers (on the grill by Bill), corn on the cob and homemade onion rings. Yum!!! Are you hungry yet? Our fall schedule is wide open if you'd like to visit.

Tomorrow is a big surprise. We aren't telling Skylar where we're taking her, but I don't think she'll be disappointed. Hopefully we'll be home early enough for me to blog about it.

1 comment: