Tuesday, August 2, 2011

can't figure out what day it is Tuesday

I'm still playing catch-up on my sleep. It's just how it is after a week with Jr. High youth.

Skylar and I had a busy morning. We got up and headed out for a morning of shopping. Errands, not the fun clothes kind. We started at the Farmer's Market. I'm sorry to say I got jipped by the guy who sold us our cherries. We only bought a pint and his sign clearly said $3.00/pint. Just for clarification, the other sign said $5.00/quart. We bought the pint, I paid with my $20 and he gave me back $15.00. I stared at both signs for a minute. Waiting. Waiting to see if he would catch his error. He didn't, so we walked away. I decided he needed it more. For as much as we bought there, I don't feel too bad. We only spent $20.00 total and got: a baker's dozen of corn, carrots, green beans, 2 lbs of blueberries, four tomatoes and the cherries. I find that fantastic.

Then we headed to Target, Meijer and Russo's. It was exactly noon when we walked through the door. We unloaded the groceries and had lunch.

Then it was time to bake! First we made the chocolate blueberry cake for dessert tonight (more on that in a minute). Then we made fresh squeezed lemonade. Then we made the pesto for the main dish for dinner.

We invited the Red Shirts from last week to dinner. Why? You may ask. They are here in Grand Rapids helping out with this week's Week of Hope. They are bringing the two Red Shirts from here. Jason and Chandra are joining us too. It's a dinner party! We're having the bread, salad and the fresh pesto pasta with tomato. Then for dessert we have chocolate!! Yum.

That reminds me, I have to go get Pioneer Woman's recipe for the bread. (I share because I love. Seriously, check out that recipe and the story behind it. My stomach is growling!)

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog, no doubt it is you and no doubt what we experienced last week was you. I hope dinner was fun last night, it had to be. We did have good pix of you being "devoted." Send me an email address and I will share.

    Mike
    mike.eversmeyer@kngpet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wholly cow! I am reading your blogs to play "catch-up" and I just noticed how much you make things from scratch! I LOVE it! Of course now I feel horrible that I don't do more...but then again, I do have three kids that take up more time in one day than the day allows for, ha ha! I am going to hire you to cook/bake for me or at least teach me how to make food and then freeze it so we have it for later :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri, I am more than happy to share!! Do you have a deep freezer? lol That's my next "big" purchase. I dream of all the things I could freeze!!!

    And for sure, I have more time. Although Skylar does love to help when she's here.

    ReplyDelete