Sunday, August 7, 2011

quiet Sundays

We left Cicero this morning and after taking a spoon back to the Hall residence, we were on our way home. Just U.B. and Aunt Em. Only this time it was just Bill and Em. It was a mostly quiet ride. I was not highly caffeinated, therefore I wasn't too chatty. Typical car rides usually have deep and lengthy conversations between the two of us. Due to our early dating beginnings, we're used to conversation. We have always communicated, albeit sometimes through shouts and not always in a quiet, calm manner. But we've always communicated.

Today was just a quieter day. Two weeks of being highly extroverted finally took a toll on me. I found my introvert and just say quietly. I'm sure Bill was either concerned or super happy. I probably talk too much, but our car trips are always fun.

I had my sixth of ten bible studies for the high school girls tonight. They are chatty. I find myself trying hard to listen closely to what each of them says. They are all very wise and very faithful. There are no wrong answers. I encourage each of them to share what's on their mind. They are a close-knit group of young women. I wish more of them would come, they could all benefit immensely from each other. In the meantime, I'll take the girls I get and we'll keep on teaching and learning from each other.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I didn't know you were teaching a Bible study. And yes, I agree...I wish more girls/women would join Bible studies...it is harder for women to accept one another and this is a great way to learn how to!

    ReplyDelete