Friday, August 19, 2011

ready for the country club

I should have taken a picture.

Last night I had a Quota meeting. We are meeting in a new location (actually we used to meet there years ago, but then we moved, and now we're moving back), Centennial Country Club.

I like to get a little dressed up, since I have "business casual" clothes but rarely get to wear them. They're a little too formal for church, but perfect for Quota meetings. I chose my outfit: a powder blue, short sleeved cashmere top with a black, knee length skirt.

I laughed to myself as I looked in the mirror. I fit "country club" to a tee (ha, pardon the pun), except for my raspberry hair. Parts of it had started to fade. It was interesting. I wondered if anyone would say anything to me. The restaurant is open to the public, so I'm sure they see a well-rounded group of patrons.

Needless to say, no one said anything, except for Quotarians who couldn't believe I still had pink in my hair. Today however, that has changed. I'm back to brunette. Pink was fun for the summer. But I'm happy to be back to my regular hair color.

No comments:

Post a Comment