Tuesday, August 16, 2011

summer fresh Roma tomatoes

From our own backyard. Well, technically the back deck. But that's in the backyard, so it still counts. They're just not in the backyard ground... anyway, tomatoes!

They're turning red and they don't have blossom-end rot on them!! I was very afraid that it had gotten to cold for them at night. Yet each day I've watched two of them grow more and more red starting at the bottom of the tomato, working its way to the top. Slowly. Very, very slowly.

Next year I think I'm going to try a variety of tomato plants. Maybe an Heirloom tomato, a Roma, and Grape or something small. But at least I know they'll grow. And they need calcium in the soil (eggshells).

Now I just have to wait until they're ripe enough to pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment