Tuesday, August 30, 2011

turn it down

My laptop has a handy icon on the screen so whenever I turn the volume up or down, I can see it adjust. I didn't realize how much I relied on that icon until it just disappeared.

This happens to me. I accidentally hit a key and something on my screen disappears. It happened in my work program. I lost my levels display. When I called tech support, the nice man suggested I look down at the bottom of my screen to make sure I hadn't reduced it. I felt like telling him I am smarter than the average bear, but I refrained. Especially because I realized how foolish I sounded telling him that I had no idea what I had done, but now that tool box was completely and utterly gone. Vanished.

Like my sound icon. I tried to find it on my own. I looked in the control panel. That didn't help. Of course I don't know what I'm looking for. I don't know what to call the little speaker icon thingy. It's always just been there. And not knowing how loud I was turning up or down my speakers was starting to annoy me.

Before I could throw the laptop, Bill took it from me and did what everyone should try and restarted it (by the way, I did do this with my work program, it didn't help).

That did it. Some "glitch" that got straightened out. Forgive me as I roll my eyes. I, of all people, should have tried that first. Too bad it didn't work with my Microstation.

No comments:

Post a Comment