Saturday, August 20, 2011

unplugged

We are camping. We actually left yesterday (Friday). I wrote this ahead of time and set it to publish. I'm unplugged until we get back tomorrow. While there is electricity at the campgrounds, I'm not going to worry about the internet. It will be exhilarating. We're going to a UMC campground. Lake Michigan Camp, where I was a counselor in 2008 (if you scroll back through my archives you can find the week in a post). Our church reserves a weekend and all we had to do was sign up. As first-timers, we bought one night and got one free.

We're looking forward to kayaking, biking, hiking, eating hot dogs over an open fire and lots of fellowship. It's not that primitive, there are nice showers, and the craft hall has electricity. I'll share more tomorrow!! In the meantime, why don't you join me, go turn off all your electronics and enjoy nature for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment