Tuesday, August 9, 2011

don't eat lunch at your desk

For those of you regularly following my blog, you'll have read yesterday's post where I gave very wise advice.

I have more to give today:

Don't eat lunch at your desk.

But if you're like me, you don't heed this advice. I can easily work while eating. Drawing on cad (or in my case the unheard of Microstation) is a one-handed gig. Unless I have to type in numbers. But even that I can do without looking at the keyboard and one handed. So eating lunch at my desk gets me out of the office faster at the end of the day. Why waste a half hour sitting downstairs when I could be working? It's not like I have cubicle mates vying for my attention.

But if you are going to eat at your desk be prepared for crumbs. The crumbs that fall and suddenly become extra periods in your checkbook. Or extra dots on your drawings. Imagine my confusion as I stared at something on my drawing, trying to figure out what exactly it was supposed to be (a piece of furniture? the line of a cabinet?) only to discover it was a bread crumb.

Maybe I shouldn't eat lunch at my desk.

I won't even mention what my keyboard looks like... (I do clean it out. Every once in awhile.) Don't be like me. Take a break and eat lunch somewhere else. For your desk's sake. And do it for me.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you learn anything from my presentation? Your (everybody's) desk is disgusting- 25,000 microbes per square inch! 15 times more than a mouse... and I am not talking about the kind of mouse attached to your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are funny :o) i do not like it when anyone eats at our computer desk...b/c of the crumbs. they get stuck in and on everything...and...if you have a little one around...they will think it is good stuff to eat and yeah...who knows how long it has actually been sitting out!

    ReplyDelete