Friday, August 26, 2011

Here's to eleven years

I can't say it any better than Bill did over at his blog. Other than, Happy Anniversary Bill.

Is that a cop-out? Maybe. But as he says, we are so similar that, could I put it into words (and not waited until the end of the day to blog about it), that is what I would have come up with (well, minus the part about his parents renewing their vows, I didn't know them on their 25th anniversary).

Besides, it's just our eleventh anniversary. When was the last time you heard anyone get excited about the number eleven? Their eleventh birthday (nope, ten was the big one, that was moving from single digits to double digits)? Eleventh anniversary? Um, I believe Hallmark says the traditional gift is steel (new pans from Mom and Dad fit the bill) and the modern gift is fashion jewelry. Um, when was the last time you saw Bill wearing any jewelry?

You get the picture. Eleven is not exactly exciting. Every year is a milestone. Ten was big, here's what we did in case you missed it. Fifteen will be big and so on.

And if you ever forget how long we've been married, we made it easy for you, we got married in 2000. Ta da! Simple math. You're welcome.

So here's to eleventy-eleven more. Whatever that means.




2 comments:

  1. ELEVEN IS MY LUCKY NUMBER! ELEVEN IS THE DAY I WAS BORN! ELEVEN IS AWESOME! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    SORRY FOR ALL CAPS, MY CAPS KEY IS STUCK AND MY IT SUPPORT MAN IS IN SEATTLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that's okay Kelly. I thought it showed your enthusiasm for the number eleven. I'm a lucky 13 myself. Eleven is equally awesome, get it?? Equal because it's one one...

    ReplyDelete