Monday, August 15, 2011

is there an app for that?

I like the personal touch. I go out of my way to avoid the self-checkout lanes at the store. We still have a stereo (and a record player, hey we even have an 8-track player in the 'Vette!) and we often listen to our cd's (instead of digital music). We sit at the dining room table to eat dinner. We go out on dates. So in the case of technology taking over, there are some things computers can't do.

One of them is massage (I don't know about you, but I've seen that Simpson's Tree House of Horrors episode where the house takes over). I will not let a computer massage me. I want a person (preferably a woman, I find it a little creepy to have a man other than my husband touch me in any way).

I am very sore today. I thought it was because I sat around all day yesterday reading. But then I realized that was part of it. The other part was that I cleaned for someone on Thursday, for three hours. Then I cleaned our house on Saturday. Between that and sleeping wrong (and knowing that I should have done yoga to stretch out), and then reading all day, my shoulders and neck hurt.

I'm drinking water and I'm taking ibuprofen. I hope it helps. If only they had an app for that. An app that calls up "Marco" (okay, in my fantasy app, it can't be a chic, I know it doesn't make any sense, just go with it) and ten minutes later Marco is standing at my door ready to give me my massage.

Is there an app for that?

2 comments:

  1. Is this blog post an obtuse reference to the fact that I asked if there was anything I could do to help and you said "give me a massage," to which I replied, "Is there anything I can do to help that doesn't require me to do anything?"

    ReplyDelete