Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday Tardiess

It happened one morning on my way to take a walk.

I started out to meet Kerri and our neighbor Glenn was out with their dog, Syd. Glenn and I exchanged morning pleasantries. He was off to take a bike ride, before it got too hot, with Syd. I continued on only to see Sharon, three houses down, getting her morning paper. Sharon is married to Jerry who likes to use his leaf-blower (all of the time). She asked why Bill and I weren't racing to the corner (this is something we've started to do at the end of our walks and she saw us one day). I laughed and told her where I was headed. She told me she was cheering for me that day she saw us race, but Bill beat me. That happens every time. Unless I catch him unaware, which has been once.

I continued on, laughing to myself about the Sesame Street song, "The People in My Neighborhood". No, that song probably didn't come from Sesame Street, but that's where I remember it from.

1 comment:

  1. haha...you will never be late with me. i am always late. i used to not be...but i guess with three kids and a husband who is ALWAYS late...i have morphed into "that" person. i cannot stand being late and always feel so guilty when i am...like maybe i ruined someone's plans or now they have to wait with their kids even longer...ugh...see, i feel guilty just thinking about being late!

    ReplyDelete