Saturday, July 9, 2011

a review of our week in food

I'm not going to go through every single day, because not every day was noteworthy. I'll hit the highlights.

Thursday night; we had grilled cheese sandwiches that weren't yo' mamma's grilled cheese sandwiches. I used Italian bread, Fontina cheese, olives, tomato and pesto. Yum! It actually would have been a little better had I used the grill as a panini press instead of just the frying pan. But you live and learn and they were still tasty!

Bill made ribs last night.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Goodness gracious

Yum.

He made a dry rub, then he used the rest of the dry rub in the sauce. Amazing. I know my ribs. You're reading a blog by the girl who went to Junior Prom with elbow length white gossamer gloves, and when dinner came she ordered the ribs (a full rack). And then she ate those ribs without getting a drop of sauce on her dress or her gloves. Yes. I think I know my ribs. I've had them in St. Louis, Kansas City, Tennessee, Alabama, and every place in between.

The salad I made to go with the ribs was pretty good too. Homemade croutons, romaine, olives, tomato, and goat cheese. The tomato disappointed me, but the rest of it was good. And I made homemade garlic bread too.

This morning I had yogurt with (what will probably be the last) strawberries, blueberries and my homemade granola. It was pretty spectacular too.

I'm ready for the sweet corn. My favorite summer time meal: blt's and corn on the cob. My mouth is watering. I can't wait to see corn at the farmer's market.

2 comments:

  1. did you know that there is a farmer's market at Garfield Park on Saturdays?! i have no idea if it is any good...but i am going to check it out tomorrow.

    i am coming to live with you. i love your food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that it was every Saturday. Let me know how it is!!

    haha I will gladly be your cook when Kyle hits the million!!

    And, I saw corn today at the Farmer's Market!! I hope it's delicious!!

    ReplyDelete