Monday, July 25, 2011

Day one, Bay City

Day 1 – Monday, July 25, 2011- Week of Hope in Bay City, MI

I am on crew #1. Jason (one of our leaders) is on crew #2. Our crews are working together on wheel chair ramps through a non-profit organization that helps people with disabilities. There are a couple of extra guys working with us from Bay City, so we called them crew 1.5. They really liked that they were included. We built “World’s Longest Wheel Chair ramp” (pictures to follow).

Within our youth group, we have a couple who are on the same crew and others who are all alone. Jason and I are the only ones from our youth group who are on the same crew.

I did not sleep well last night. The room is 84 degrees. The a/c is running, but not enough. We (thankfully) brought fans. This morning, we realized that we needed to stick a fan in front of the a/c. That helps.

There are great videos. The care card videos were fantastic. I do enjoy GROUP programming (minus the music, really would it be so difficult to play the songs, I know that requires trademark stuff or whatever it is. I can’t think right now). The theme is “Connect”. How do we disconnect from our technology. How do we connect with others? How do we connect with God? I’m sure we’ll figure all of that out. Haha, the irony is I’m blogging, so I’m staying connected.

This is all I have time for. I can post every day, but it’s not wi-fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment