Friday, July 29, 2011

Grand Rapids or bust!

Friday.

Wake up was at the normal time, 6:45am. Breakfast and cleanup went quickly. We were the last Group to leave and it couldn't have been 8:45am by the time we pulled out of the church parking lot.

A huge thank you to Jenny and Kelsey who were fantastic! Mike and Sandy did an awesome job too. They were very caring and so patient. They were amazing leaders and it was great fun serving with them.

We stopped and filled up Big Red and Bite-sized Big Red with gasoline. We had almost made it to Mt. Pleasant when we (the girls) got a phone call from the boys. They needed to use the restroom. McDonald's it was. We loaded up on coffee (for me) and more food (seriously, did anyone stop eating the entire time we were gone? I'm pretty sure they ate in their sleep too) and got back on the road.

Our short trip wasn't delayed by any other stops and we had the vans unloaded and cleaned out by 12:15pm. Parents were happy to see their delirious offspring. The youth were happy to get their care card envelopes. Hugs and goodbyes and we're back to normal.

I will work on posting pictures at some point. Maybe later today if I don't take too long of a nap.

Juliette was super happy to see me. I've never seen a cat act like she does. She came running down the stairs the minute she heard my voice and hasn't really left me alone since. Atticus gave me a little sniff of approval and he's sleeping soundly on the bed.

Now there's laundry to do, care cards to read and relaxing. Thanks for sharing our adventure. It was a super fantastic week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment