Friday, July 22, 2011

Julie, Julia and Emily

I wanted to see the movie Julie & Julia when it came out. I also wanted to read the book. One night, weeks ago, I was scrolling through the channels and saw it was showing on an Encore channel. That means no commercials. I dvr'd it. I just got around to watching it Wednesday night and I loved it.

Truth be told (and why not tell you here?) this was part of why I started blogging for a year. Julie did it, plus she cooked every meal in the cookbook. I thought, "how difficult can it be to just blog?"

On every level I could relate to Julie. Well, except the government job. I do not have that. And I think if I were stuck in a job like that I would have been fired a long time ago. I am a City Commissioner though, does that count?

This isn't a movie review, so I will pass on sharing my thoughts on some parts of the story line, etc. because overall I liked it. I am not writing to tell you to go read the book or watch the movie. Especially if cooking isn't your cup of tea. But for me, it was right up my alley. I want to cook all the time. I really enjoyed the movie. Now I just have to finish my long list of books so I can go read this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment