Saturday, July 23, 2011

guter Beitrag

Not to confuse my friend Connie, who occasionally reads my blog, but we're having a very German weekend. First, this evening we're going to an "Oktoberfest" in July. I'm not sure about the reasoning behind that one, so don't ask. I'll try to find out. The friend hosting it is German. As in her parents moved to the US from Germany. She speaks German, she makes German food and has the Oktoberfest party (in July). I think it will be fun. I hear there will be games and plenty of food.

The second reason it's a German weekend is the Formula 1 race is being held in Germany, the Nurburgring. We are fans of F1 racing. Bill will be lucky enough to watch the race, I will have to wait until I return to watch it.

Maybe the race is why our friends are having Oktoberfest in July. But I don't think they watch F1. I'm still going to ask. In the meantime, here's most of the German I know:

Guten Tag!

(the title is supposed to be "good post", I'm not sure of the translation... I googled it)

No comments:

Post a Comment