Sunday, July 3, 2011

not the holiday fireworks

We decided we would watch the fireworks tonight. We are lame. We don't want to watch them tomorrow night because they won't start until 10:30p and we both have to get up the next morning. I think we're going to enjoy them tonight because we're going to go to South Haven to watch them. It's going to be Pure Michigan craziness, but what's the 4th of July without some crazy?

We had planned to go last night to the Kentwood fireworks, but ended up having too good of a time at the cook-out (thanks Chandra and Jason!) and Bill whined his way out of going. We would have been able to see them just fine had there not been trees in the way. We thought about cutting them down, but they were in the neighbors yard and that would have taken too much time (and I'm joking; I posted this link on my facebook page yesterday, you can call me a tree hugger or whatever, I don't care what you call me, I like earth and Mother Nature). So we didn't see any fireworks last night.

Whatever you do, whether it's a parade, fireworks, a cook-out or something else; enjoy your freedom. We can do what we want because of our Independence. Happy 4th of July!!!

2 comments:

  1. We had so much fun with you, too! We're GLAD you blew off the K-wood fireworks to hang at Casa Criffield!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about calling you on Monday to see what you were up to... haha did you get the crib??

    ReplyDelete