Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday and totally random thoughts

Kitchen sponge or dish rag? I've decided that this is just as important a question as over or under (toilet paper in case you weren't sure). Being someone who has a circa 1977 model dishwasher (click here to read more about that) I am quite familiar with both. I mostly use the sponge to get cooked on food off the dish. I am a dish rag user otherwise. I don't know why I prefer it, other then my mom always used a dish rag, so that's what I grew up using. Maybe it's a mid-west "thing". I have a couple of crocheted dish rags.

I may be a little "germophobic" when it comes to the kitchen sponge. If you don't wring it out and it sits there festering in its own water, that's gross! I microwave it often, to keep the germs at bay. I replace it, maybe not as often as I should, every three to six months depending. Depending on what? How it looks mostly. Yeah, germophobe...

Bill uses it. That's what they grew up using in his house, a kitchen sponge. It's funny how different we can be. In fact, read his post from yesterday and mine and see how different we are! It makes me laugh, and it makes me appreciate our differences.

Anyway, I was washing the dishes the other night and started thinking about kitchen sponge or dish rag, so here's my blog for today!

2 comments:

  1. Sponge, sponge, sponge, all the way. I've tried to get into the dishrag thing, but I just cannot.....course, I have a working dishwasher and put the sponge in there every time I run it just to clean it and sanitize...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the working dishwasher. See? This is why I think it goes way deeper than what you grew up with. I've tried the sponge, but it doesn't "feel" right to me.

    ReplyDelete