Thursday, February 3, 2011

risotto and all is well

The other night we had honey-mustard pork chops and creamy risotto. I found the risotto recipe sort of by mistake. The first half of the recipe is for cheese-stuffed rice balls. As I have found a new taste for rice, I thought these sounded good. How can you go wrong stuffing anything with cheese? As the recipe goes, it uses left-over risotto (which I learned is Italian rice, not pasta) so the second half of the recipe is for the creamy risotto.

That is all good, except that we have never had any risotto left-over to make the cheese-stuffed rice balls! The risotto is so good (again, it doesn't photograph very well). I thought it was a difficult dish, but it turns out it pretty simple, just time intensive. Let me tell you, it is worth every minute. If you ever come to visit and I ask you what you would like me to make ask for the risotto. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I swear there's Italian blood in me somewhere. My next "challenge" is homemade pasta... I still haven't tried it yet.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, any chance you could please email me the link with the risotto recipe or post it on your blog? It looks DELICIOUS and I have been wanting to try a risotto....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post it for you! It's not a family secret or anything ;)

    ReplyDelete