Monday, February 28, 2011

the award shows

I'm certain it's not easy to be a director or a producer. And to shoot a live show must be that much more difficult. However, given the fact that the Oscars are as big as they are, don't you think someone could have figured out how to turn the mic down? Are you with me? Miss Hathaway's mic in particular. I really do like her. I think she's funny and a good role model for young women. I am sure she was nervous, but someone should have told her not to clap after announcing someone or else the sound people could have been on top of it and turned her mic down. She laughed into it, clapped into it and even "woo-hooed" at one point. That distracted me through much of the awards. Of course, I still have an hour to watch. I had to dvr it. Which has meant that I've had to stay away from any and all news sources today. So far I've done okay. I accidentally heard who won Best Actor and Best Actress. I'm not upset that I heard it, nor am I surprised. I like both of them as well (I'm not going to name them in case you missed it too).

I like to dvr it because I can hear speeches, but fast forward through any dull ones. I rewound the musical numbers for Bill. That was hilarious.

This is probably all I'll blog about concerning the awards because I only saw Toy Story 3 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Since neither of those make me any sort of expert or Oscar "Groupie" I have no need to try to talk about this any further. So there.

2 comments:

  1. Absolute must see's from the Oscars include True Grit, The Social Network, Inception, Black Swan and Winter's Bone. How have you not seen The Social Network? Absolutely great film!

    Agree re: Anne Hathaway. I love her, but hated her on the show -- course, I'll cut her a little slack, since she had to carry the entire show herself since her co-host was stoned as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't go to the theater. We complain about the price of tickets, and now that I heard you can get bedbugs from the seats... um no thanks. Not to mention the lice. Ugh. I want to see True Grit as my boss's son was the voice of the river man... and I love Natalie Portman.

    ReplyDelete