Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard '11

This one almost wrote itself...

"Mark my words, we will not get any accumulation!" These were Bill's words the other day when the news first started forecasting the snow headed our way. He would probably prefer I not share those words with you. But it's my blog, so I am.


Here's what we got













We started shoveling... but two feet is a lot to shovel. Thankfully our neighbor let Bill use his snowblower...










Here I am showing how high the snow is.














Here's the house. What you can't see is that the bottom of the picture is where the snow reaches the lamp post.
















This is what we woke up to. Bill took the picture and brought it up to show me because I was still snuggled up in bed.

4 comments:

  1. haha! meteorologists everywhere give Bill a loud "Ha-HA!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's in Nelson's voice, right??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Bill's defense, I also said "I think this is a whole bunch of hogwash and we're not going to get any damn snow." Well, 3 days of total snow-in later, 2 feet officially, 4 foot drifts in my backyard later....Bill and I were wrong. Which suchs....at least it's pretty out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, the way the jet stream dips and the way they forecast the weather, I wasn't sure either. I just didn't vehemently voice my opinion one way or the other! hehe

    ReplyDelete