Monday, February 7, 2011

life


My life is a delicate balance right now. Tomorrow will tip the scales one way or another. You see Bill has given his two weeks notice and his last official day is Friday. Fortunately he has an interview tomorrow morning. What? He quit without having something lined up. Yes. It had come to that.

I fully support his decision. His health and happiness mean much more to me than a paycheck. Both were suffering immensely under the stress he was taking on. I am his biggest advocate. I am so happy he has chosen to do this (this is not sarcasm, this is being typed with my greatest sincerity) and I have such a calm about the situation. I am prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

Which is why everything is a delicate balance. I keep thinking of something I should do, but then I stop myself and think, "that all depends on how tomorrow goes" or " I'll have to wait and see what happens tomorrow". For instance, and this is a very selfish example; I would like to buy a new dress to wear for my sister's wedding/Easter. But, I'm being very realistic and thinking about more important things like bills. I mentioned this reality a couple of times yesterday, and Bill said I was not being very supportive. But I am! I'm very optimistic, but I'm also trying to be realistic. I know we will be okay. But I don't know when. This happened last time and I'm trying to be more careful and keep my own emotions in check. Since Bill is one of my few followers I would like to say to him right now;

I am right here right beside you. I have all of my confidence in you and believe you to be the best. I want you to be happy and successful. Go get 'em!

4 comments:

  1. You guys will be GREAT! The step that he is taking to leave a hugely miserable job is terrifying on so many different levels...I know, because I did it myself, and sometimes look back and am still amazed I got through it. A job is no good if all it is going to do is ultimately kill him for a paycheck (unless he's earning what Trump does). Buy the new dress for your sister's wedding -- you'll feel good about yourself, it'll make Bill happy to see you in something pretty, but most importantly, it is a sign of support to him because it says "I know we'll get through this with flying colors."

    Thoughts and prayers to both you and Bill during this difficult time, and fingers crossed on the interview tomorrow. I always say to Patrick, though, I thought it was supposed to be easier when we got all grown up....guess not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kelly!! The wedding isn't until April, so I'm not going to run out and buy it until closer to the date anyway... but that is a valid point!! I just have to be careful I don't go crazy on a retail therapy bender. We're working on self-control in the spending area and now is not the time to lose it. ;)

    Thank you for the prayers. We need as many of those as we can get!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sweets. You're the best. One way or another it will all work out. Sometimes there are only hard roads, maybe this is one of those times. But, we have been through worse and we'll come through this ok, too.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm catching up on your posts and would like to say this...

    I ain't worried. Nope. Just not. I think what you guys are entering into is thrilling and renewing. All will be well because all is already well. Go get 'em, Uebbings!

    ReplyDelete