Thursday, February 24, 2011

have an especially fantastic day

Regardless of what the weather does!!

I think I've mentioned this before; it's especially, not expecially. There's no "x". It's espresso, not expresso. There's still no "x". And after last night, please for the love of our crazy mixed up language irregardless is not a word! It's regardless. Or irrespective. Please everyone stop using it. Especially when you are talking in front of people. I, for one, stop listening to whatever it is you're saying because I'm cringing at your use of a word that is incorrect. Seriously. I can't help it.

Now for the fun part, I'll be enjoying a spa day-ish with Heather and Sami as we celebrate Heather's 30th birthday. I say ish, because Heather is the one getting pampered all day. Sami and I are getting mini-massages (the special today at the spa). Then we'll be hanging out at the pool, hot tub or somewhere imagining we're someplace other than the snow covered mid-west.

You would think that I'm going away for a week, not just one night given the amount of bags I'm taking... Oh well. I'm a girl. Hopefully Sami has room in her car. Time to pack up!

2 comments:

  1. i expecially liked this post, irregardless of you're rant about words.

    (one of my many language pet peeves involves the confusion of your and you're)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks Greg. I'm not an English professor, I know I make mistakes, but I do try. And I really look closely at the your/you're (it's so easy to figure out...) and they're/there/their. Our language is a complex mess. But it's fun.

    ReplyDelete