Wednesday, February 9, 2011

soup

One of my favorite soups to make is a Tuscan white bean and garlic. I made it last night for dinner and it was souper yummy. It's really easy to make and is nice and creamy (once it's blended). I decided to find this recipe after I had this soup on our cruise. That seems like it happened ages ago, yet it was barely three and a half years ago.

The night that we left Dubrovnik, Croatia, Bill and I chose to go to Portofino for my "birthday" dinner (that is after all why we took the cruise, I milked that birthday...) instead of eating in the dining room. We ate a lot, and I remember every bite being delicious. That was also the first time I had ever had roasted garlic, another recipe I looked up immediately when we returned home.

The funny story about the soup is that our waitress (Melissa who was from South Africa and was wonderful) brought that course out, set the soup down in front of me, gave Bill his Tiger Shrimp Risotto and walked away. My bowl had five beans in it. That was it. As I was pondering whether this soup was clear and was about to put my spoon in it (I maybe had a few glasses of wine by this point), she brought out a little gravy boat that was filled with the broth. We all laughed and she told us that she does that with people who she knows can take a joke, but that she had people who ate the beans before she could get back to the table with the broth.

Maybe it was more the experience of eating the soup, rather than the taste alone (although I remember really liking it) that urged me to look up a similar recipe. Should I share it?? Is anyone interested? Hm, I just looked for a photo online and also checked the recipes from google (rather Goodsearch; use Goodsearch and select your favorite charity/non-profit to receive money for every click -then use google for better results) and the soup recipes that show up are quite different than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment