Friday, February 4, 2011

Fridays and commercials

I am waiting for Bill to get back from getting the oil changed in my car. I'm watching the Today show and they were showing previews of Superbowl commercials. The new VW commercial for the Passat (if I remember correctly) is fantastic! That's all I'll say. I don't want to ruin it for you.

Then during the normal commercial break there was a commercial for Eggo Waffles. At the happy ending of the thirty second time slot the wife asks the husband, "you made coffee, right?" As the man says yes, he turns around to go make the coffee. That is never a question either one of us has to pose. I know that's not the point of the commercial, but it was all I heard and I was aghast. Who has to ask their spouse if they made coffee? If they are regular coffee drinkers there better be coffee. Bill might disagree with me, but if I ever got up before him, I would make the coffee. Without him having to ask. Often, if we have to get up that early, Bill sets up the coffee maker to turn on for us. Ah convenience.

It's Friday. It's Superbowl weekend. I'm very much looking forward to the game. We're going to our friends Chandra and Jason's house to watch. We're bringing a lot of food. Bill is making chili, I'm making corn dip, we'll bring the chips to go with the dip and I have cheese ball. I have to convince Bill to share some of it, or not. The jury is still out on the cheese ball. Happy Friday. Have a safe and warm weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment