Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sunny skies and frigid temps

It's a two sock kind of day. Before I left the house this morning to run my weekly errands, I realized how cold my feet were and put on another pair of socks. I completely forgot I did that until just now. It is winter, and while Grand Rapids is not the coldest place in the U.S., it is cold outside. I am wearing two long-sleeved shirts and a heavy fleece shirt. I'm still cold. Mostly it is my hands that are cold. Bill desperately wants a snuggie, maybe I will have to buy us a couple of them. On the other hand, I have my giant green fleece blanket that Eddie gave me for my 30th birthday. It's big enough to cover the entire living room and it's warm. Who needs a snuggie when you have the giant green binkie?

This leads me to share the scarves I crocheted for a couple of our college gals. I told you a couple weeks ago that I was working on them and I would share the finished product once they had received them. I have confirmation that they've received the scarves and the timing couldn't have been better. They were late Christmas/early Valentine's day presents.


This pair of yellow and red, er gold and maroon scarves were sent to Lindsay and Katie who are freshmen at Central Michigan University. Go Chippewas! Those are the school colors, or as close as I could get with the color yarn I could buy. Lindsay has assured me the colors are perfect! I just hope the scarves are keeping them warm because Mt. Pleasant is not forgiving in the winter months.

This green scarf is for Miss Molly, who is attending Hope. I'm pretty sure Hope's colors are blue and something else. Not green. But Molly's favorite color is green and when I saw this yarn, I knew I had to make a scarf for her! It practically shouted at me from the shelves at Hobby Lobby when I was wondering around looking at the yarn, "Buy me! Make me a scarf for Molly!" Well, I couldn't say no. So I bought it. And I had enough leftover to make a little scarf for myself, I really liked this yarn even though it was almost impossible to start!

My next project will be a Colts colored blanket for my soon-to-be-brother in-law. He really likes the pink, yellow, green and blue blanket I made for my sister, but I think the request to make him a Colts colored blanket is so she can get her blanket back!

Hopefully these thoughts keep you warm on this chilly day. I know I'm a little bit warmer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment