Wednesday, February 16, 2011

snot the same without smell

I'm fixing stew for dinner tonight. I have a meeting tonight for HPC, and unfortunately there is no judging how long they'll last. Some meetings have been as short as an hour while others have lasted four hours. I'm not a fan of eating that late at night/right before I go to bed, so I typically eat before the meeting, which means eating at 4pm. I decided to fix a stew which will be ready by the time I need to eat.

I think it smells good. I know it's one of those things that is permeating the house with its scent, however the other unfortunate is that I have sinusitis/cold that has incapacitated my nose. I haven't been able to smell anything since Sunday. I started catching whiffs of scents yesterday, but they're brief and rare. Even after cutting an onion, I still don't have clear nasal passages. I'm taking a cold/sinus medicine that has been helping. I haven't felt sick, I've just been going through tissues like I don't know what, but my nose certainly is red.

I have to say, mouth feel only goes so far. I can't wait until I can smell again because then my taste will come back. I hope Bill has been enjoying the smells coming from the kitchen, because I've been fixing some delicious looking dishes the last couple of nights. I just haven't been able to enjoy them. Don't worry, we'll have them all again once I can smell/taste!!

No comments:

Post a Comment