Tuesday, March 1, 2011

the first of March

Yay! It's March 1st. This means spring is officially twenty days away, the days are getting longer and soon signs of life in the flower beds will start to peek up. Actually, it's sunny enough that when I get the mail, I bet I'll see some buds already.

More importantly it is the day Jersey Junction opens for the season. Even though I want to go there every year for my birthday, we haven't ever done that. They close for January and February, which means today is their first day of being open in 2011. I am excited.

I stopped on my way home from the store this morning. I tried a new flavor: Chocolate Volcano. It was chocolate ice cream with ribbons of chocolate ganache and chunks of chocolate cake. It was good! I liked it.

My favorite flavor that they have had (made and named especially for them by Hudsonville ice cream) is Jersey Express. It's chocolate ice cream with peppermint and chunks of fudge. Oh it's delicious and my favorite.

Here are some fun facts about Jersey Junction (if you want more, come and visit and we can go there, you can read all of them on their menu):

Jersey Junction is named for the Jersey cow which supposedly gives the best milk for ice cream.

The original owners were Chris Van Allsburg's parents (he's the author of Polar Express). They have a train inside that was signed by him. It's been under new ownership for the past couple of years and they have done a good job keeping things similar.

The sad news is that prices went up. Bill (or Skylar) and I could go there for under $3. Now it's $2.03/single scoop with tax that brings it to $2.15. As Bill pointed out we can still go there for under $5. It's not the end of the world. I guess not. And it's still cheaper then the medium Shamrock Shake.

Everybody join me, "I SCREAM! YOU SCREAM! WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment