Sunday, March 20, 2011

welcome spring, Michigan style

Last night did not disappoint. Have you heard of Leahy? Check them out here. Their performance was amazing. I don't think that describing them would do justice. The energy that they brought to the stage through their music (so, so talented) was pure foot-stomping, hand-clapping, head-bopping fun. I only hope that Bill will write a little bit about them since he was not thrilled to go and afterward was seriously happy that we "dragged" him with us. Their music is a mix of classic Irish with Scottish roots and what even sounded a little Mediterranean/Greek mixed in. Did I mention that they're Canadian and they're all brothers and sisters?

Amazing.


Today is the first day of spring. And typical Michigan, it's back to the chilly air and cold gray skies. The crocus and bird songs are all that bring the hope of spring today. Bill and I will be braving the cold to go take a walk. You see, we went out after the concert and while I wasn't hungry at all, I divulged in the appetizers we decided we had to have. Since I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, I must walk as much of it off as I can. I wouldn't normally be so concerned if I hadn't weighed three more pounds this morning!! sigh that's what overindulgence will do to you. But the company was fun and we had a good time. Chandra and Jason are wonderful friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment