Friday, March 4, 2011

101 things to blog about

Okay, it's probably not 101 things, but there are many.

First, let me start with the best news of the day. I paid off my student loan!!! Woo Hoo!!! What a relief. I actually paid it off five months early. It wasn't a huge loan. I was fortunate enough to have a generous Grandma who paid for almost my entire schooling. When my dad lost his job at the end of my junior year, we went and took out the student loan for my senior year (yes, I'm one of those people who finished college in four years) to help pay for books and tuition (the one privilege of being a R.A. was the paid-for room and meal plan). So the amount owed was never outrageous. I did defer it my first year out of college because I didn't have a job. Finally, ten years after that, and a minute amount paid off each month, we had enough to pay the rest off. Yay! Cheers!!

Second, it's time to make maple syrup. I know this for two reasons. 1) the Cool Cats went to Blandford Nature Center and tapped the Maple trees on Wednesday. They actually make maple syrup as a class!! 2) My car is covered in "tree pee" from the Maple tree that hovers over our driveway. My glove was sticky after I opened the car door this morning.

Third, technology does not like me. Bill calls me technology poison. I must be. Twice I have sent emails to Cate and she has not received them. They are in my sent folder with a time stamp. Which I can only assume means they were sent. How can I second guess my sent folder? But she never got them. I resend them and she gets them. How many other emails am I sending that aren't going through?? Then yesterday, when I got home from my Board meeting, I checked my cell phone for messages. Bill had sent me a couple of texts, as I was texting back one came through that I swear said something about check your fb Zoe needs you to send a message to Chandra. It was from Bill. When I asked him about it, he had no idea what I was talking about. When I look through my text messages, this message is not there. Did I imagine it? Is Matt Damon's new movie reality? Then, at 10:30p my phone beeped. It was a voicemail. My phone didn't ring. I listened to it. It was one of the Board Members telling me that she wasn't going to make it to the meeting. She called and left it at 3:57p. I checked my call history and there are no missed calls. I never heard my phone ring. And why did the voicemail come through at 10:30p? It's all so weird.

Fourth, I have worn my pedometer all week. I thought it was time for a pedometer update. Since Monday I have walked 27,018 steps. That's 11.5 miles. Whoa. I mall-walked Monday with Bill and went Wednesday and today by myself. I really hope we can get outside soon.

The last thing (see it was only four, although it may feel like 101) is that I'll be on the College Spring Break trip (I'm a chaperon) tomorrow through Thursday. We're headed to Nashville, yee haw! I am taking my laptop so that I can do yoga. I do not know if there will be access to the internet. If there is, I will post every day. If there is not, I will at least write up a post for each day. Then when I get back to the 21st century I will post all of them. Hopefully there will be pictures to add. Until next time, whenever that will be.

1 comment:

  1. No access to the internet? This is exactly why you need an iPhone with the blog ap on it! LOL. PS, I know a lot of people who have those same technology issues. Usually due to network issues. But it still stinks!

    ReplyDelete