Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mmm pork

I am in the process of making our dinner for tonight. It will be "Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork".

Here it is before I put it in the oven. It's a pork shoulder (4lbs) on a yellow onion, cut into wedges. The gross looking things on top of the pork are chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I didn't even think I'd be able to find them. But I did! Right there in the ethnic aisle.

Yes, this recipe comes from the Pioneer Woman. Given my love for pork of all kinds it is no surprise that whenever I see a pork recipe, I'll try it. That includes the two pork roast recipes I have that are virtually identical. The only difference is the sauce and what they're wrapped with (one is pancetta the other is bacon -it's still the same thing).

Ever since I found this recipe my mouth has been watering. I cannot wait to taste it (trust me, I will. I don't want ecoli or whatever you can get from eating raw meat).

To go with this pulled pork, I will be making the new favorite potato salad. Did I mention that on here?? It's amazing! And what's more important is it won't make you sick if you leave it sit out too long (thanks Katrina for teaching me something new)! What's that you ask? Katrina told me that "salads" often go bad not because of the mayo, but because of the meat (cubed ham) that usually goes into the salad! While you shouldn't leave mayo out in the hot sun, leaving this potato salad out for two hours won't make you sick either.

Which is grand, because it's divine. I will try to take more pictures of our dinner before we consume it. I cannot guarantee anything.

1 comment:

  1. *editor's note:

    This dish smelled so divine. It was delicious. Even though I used less pork than the recipe called for, it was not too spicy. It was even better tonight on tortillas with cheese and sour cream. It's versatile and, again, it smells sooooo good. I wish I could bottle it so you could smell it.

    ReplyDelete